Last modified: August 24, 2022
Boxxware LLC. (“Boxxware”) operates the Boxxie mobile application (“App”), the Boxxie.com website (“Site”), and the music streaming and syncing services offered through our platform (together with the App and the Site, the “Services”). The Services allow End Users to share their music playlists live through the Boxxie App.
Information that Boxxware Collects
Types of Information Collected
“Personal Data” is information by which you may be personally identified. Boxxware may collect the following Personal Data from you:
- Profile Photo
- IP address
- Information on your device model and operating system
- Your premium music service provider
- User Contacts
Non-personal data includes any data that cannot be used on its own to identify, trace, or identify a person.
How we collect information
We collect your Personal Data when you affirmatively give it to us through interactions with Boxxware, including:
- During sign up to use Boxxware;
- Through service requests or customer support;
- Through survey forms;
- When you choose to post information on public areas of the Services;
- Through general use of the Boxxware app or accompanying services.
We may collect non-Personal Data via automatic means including through cookies or through our third-party service providers listed below.
Why we collect and how we use your information. (Legal Basis)
In general, we collect and use your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- when it is necessary for the general functioning of the Services, including when you choose to share your listening activity with other uses;
- when it is necessary in connection with any contract you have entered into with us (including our terms of service for when we are offering services), or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with us;
- when we have obtained your prior consent to the use (this legal basis is only used in relation to uses that are entirely voluntary – it is not used for information processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- when we have a legitimate interest in processing your information for the purpose of providing or improving our Services;
- when have a legitimate interest in using the information for the purpose of contacting you, subject to compliance with applicable law; or
- when we have a legitimate interest in using the information for the purpose of detecting, and protecting against, breaches of our policies and applicable laws.
- We may use aggregated (anonymized) information about our End Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Boxxie may access (with user consent) a users Contact List to enable the App to send invitations.
Accessing Your Information
Boxxware acknowledges the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should contact us at support@Boxxie.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
How Long do we Store Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. This length of time may vary according to the nature of your relationship with us.
If you delete user contributions from the Site or App, copies of user contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other End Users.
Automated Data Collection Methods
Log Files and Web Beacons
Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics. Occasionally, we connect Personal Data to information gathered in our log files as necessary to improve our Services.
Users under the age of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or register on the Services, make any purchases, use any of the interactive or public comment features, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address listed below.
Do Not Track Settings
We do not track our Users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and do not specifically respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals.
Who We Share Data With
We may use aggregated (anonymized) information about our End Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Because it is a core aspect of our Services, we may share your listening activity and profile information with other End Users.
Successors in interest
Compliance with law and protection of people and property
We may share your information when we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or to comply with legal process. This may involve the sharing of your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations.
Service providers and partners.
We may, for our legitimate interests, share your information with contractors, service providers, third party authenticators, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These service providers may be located in the EEA, US or in other locations. A list of some of our service providers and partners is provided below.
Service Provider/ Partner
- Apple Music
We share information with Apple Music to allow proper functioning of our Services and to sync your account.
We share information with Spotify to allow proper functioning of our Services and to sync your account.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics for Site analytics. Google will use information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online products and services by End Users, to compile reports on the activities within these online products and services and to provide us with further services associated with the use of these online products and services.
- Amazon AWS
We use AWS to service our back-end solution and power our App
- Apple Music
Data Storage and How Boxxware Protects Your Information
Boxxware is not responsible for the privacy policies or other practices employed by websites linked to, or from, our Site or App nor the information or content contained therein, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of any linked third party.
Third-Party Services and Websites
Boxxware employs industry standard physical, electronic and managerial control procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information. We choose these safeguards based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. Our outsourced service providers who support our operations are also vetted to ensure that they too have the appropriate organizational and technical measures in place to protect your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. In the event that there is breach in the information that we hold, we shall notify of such breach via email or via notice on the Services.
EEA Specific Rights for Personal Data
For the purposes of data collection under the GDPR, Boxxware shall be the data controller.
If you are an individual resident in EEA, you have the following data protection rights regarding Personal Data:
- You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. You can do so at any time by contacting us.
- You have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data, to ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data, or to request portability of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us.
- You have that right to revoke consent that was previously given. If we have collected and process your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our support team or contact us at support@Boxxie.com.
California and Vermont Specific Rights
California: If your Boxxware account has a California mailing address, we will not share Personal Data we collect about you except to the extent permitted under California law. California residents are permitted to request a full list of Personal Data stored by Boxxware, which may be subject to a reasonable fee. To make such a request, please send an email to the email address listed below.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Services, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to the email address listed below.
Vermont: If your Boxxware account has a Vermont mailing address, we will not share Personal Data we collect about you with non-affiliates unless the law allows or you provide authorization.
Questions and Comments